So this week has been extremely stressful, which was a carry over for last week. As you all know, Citi has been struggling just like 99% of every company in the world. We had yet to see any real impacts in our little Layton site, until last the week before last. It was very unfortunate that two of peers that I have been working with for years were laid off. I also was given an expanded roll, which I am scared to death about, because I still feel very 'green' in the job I have now, I have been there about 1.5 years but still so much to learn. This week was very emotional, I cried at home, in front of my friends and the worst of all in front of my boss. I am confident our company will pull out of this and I am just so grateful to have wonderful employees and a great peer group and boss to get through this. This week started our 2 week audit, gotta love the audits. There is always this feeling of what are they going to find. All I hope if that our preparation has paid off. I keep telling myself "It is what it is" at this point and if they find something we deal with it and move on.
So needless to say the past 2 weeks I have gotten very much sleep with work and the fact that the dog loves to sleep with us and mostly on my side of the bed. On Thursday night Sarge started getting some weird looking bumps on her fur. We had just assumed that she had been scratching herself after Chris had given her bath. They almost looked like when dogs scratch and the hair stands up on end. Friday morning she had more and when I walked in the door from work on Friday she was covered, she looked so weird. She looked like a leopard, strangest thing I have ever seen. I called the vet and they said she was probably having an allergic reaction and to give her some Benadryl. Well, I think that made her a little agitated. She hardly slept and either did I. I feel like a new mom all over again, worrying about my baby, not knowing what is going on and that there is nothing I can do about it.
She looked a little better on Saturday but I wanted to take her to the vet just to be safe. Yup, an allergic reaction is what the vet told us. He said it appears she was bite by a spider or stung by a bee. By Saturday night she really only had a few on her head but Sunday morning she looked normal again.
Tomorrow starts week 2 of the audit. I hope this week is a little less stressful than last.



1 comment:
I can not believe you got a dog. I never thought it would happen. It she a Vissla??? We need to get together. You guys have been traveling so much I am sure we have a lot to talk about. Call me.
Post a Comment