So I feel like posting something tonight but my mind has really gone blank. This was my first full week back to work since the 22nd of December. I was all caught up on my work and stayed caught up through the holidays, well now that everyone else is back to work and trying to get themselves caught up, guess what - I am now feel behind again. Oh well, I can only do what I can do. I have really made a goal this year that I am going to make sure I am making time for myself as well as working and being a mom. As many of you know I took up running back in about October. I had always told myself I couldn't run. Now that I have been doing it at least 3-4 times a week and have built up the stamina to run 3 miles, I CAN DO IT! I am really proud of myself. I enjoy running, the way it makes me feel. I sweat my guts out and I feel like I have actual accomplished something. I really want to run a 1/2 marathon sometime this year. I just need to keep pushing myself. The thing I struggle with is my breathing. I seem to get a frequent side ache, if any of you are runners and have some tips please let me know. Also, if any of you know of any good, flat 1/2 marathons in this area this year, send me a note.
Just 20 more days until our cruise. I am so excited. I get nervous leaving my kids. It has been awhile since we have left our kids for this long. I hope they will do alright. Parker has been quite the momma's boy lately, he said he is sad that I am leaving. We love traveling with our children but are excited for the along time this trip with give us.
Chris and I just received a new calling at church. We have been called to teach the marriage and family class. I feel extremely inadequate to teach this class. I could be such a better mom and wife than I am. I also am not much of a scripture reader and sometimes really struggle with what I am reading. I know all we can do is rely on the Lord and his guideance to get us through this.
Just a little note to my parents...hope they happen to read this entry:
Mom and Dad -
Thank you for everything you do for me and my family. I feel so blessed to have parents that care for me, my husand and my children as you both do. You have always been there for us when we have needed you and I know you always will be. I thank you for teaching me the work ethic that I have which as allowed me to be successful in my career. I thank you for being the best grandparents EVER to my children. I thank you for being an example to me as I watch both of you serve the Lord and the community. I love you and glad that you are my parents.
Good night for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Our Finished Basement
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment