Monday, January 19, 2009

My Wife

I just want to take a few minutes and let my wife know how much I appreciate her. She is the best thing that has happened to me. She is the best wife that anyone could have. I have been on many lows and she has brought me back up.
She is the best mother that any child could have. The boys just love her to death, even though they don't act like it sometimes. I always remind them that they have the best mom in the world.
Shannon and I have the opportunity to teach the Family and Marriage class at church. We feel so blessed to teach. We wonder why they called us to this calling. We believe that it is for us to strengthen us both in our marriage and our family.
I love my wife dearly and I could not ask for anyone better. I hope she feels the same about me. We are not perfect, but we strive to be the best we can through example to our children.
I love my boys to death! I have the two best kids in the world. I would do anything for them! They can be little brats sometimes, but what do you expect from two LOVING brothers!
Here is a quote that I find fitting:

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

6 comments:

Matt and Elisa said...

That is SO sweet! What a great husband you have Shannon!
I didn't know you guys are teaching that class. I'll have to come check it out. I bet you guys are great.

Amy said...

Shannon...:)

*giving me a lecture on going to the dr! Going and then getting cellulitis in my arm!!!

*scrapbook night

*taking my sweet boy for the afternoon and letting him play with your sweet Parker.

*taking Hunter to lunch and NOT making him eat potatoes really tomatoes!!!!

Rachel said...

That is so sweet. You are an amazing person. I have always thought that. I am excited that you are teaching that class.

Amy Mann said...

That is so awesome, you are a great couple and perfect teachers for that class. I will miss you the next couple of weeks :)

Amy Mann said...

OK, I am going to post some memories with you...

*I was just thinking the other day about when we went over to the Wilson's to swim, I remember your boys jumping off the diving board over and over and laughing so hard (I think they were both jumping, if not I do remember Karsten)
*Scrapbooking at your house and enjoying the girl talk.
*Karsten's baptism, lunch at your house after and learning that I worked with Chris' Dad and his new wife. Small world.
*Karsten & Parker always saying hi to Trevor at church, Parker was one of the 1st names Trevor ever said. And he would say it over and over and over.
*Hanging out with you any chance I get, you are so fun to be around and I love having you as a friend. Have fun on your cruise, you deserve it for sure.

Mindi said...

What a great post! You guys are perfect for each other and the best neighbors we could ever ask for. (you being our neighbors is the only pull to stay here) I agree with Chris and others that Shannon is truly amazing and I am so lucky to have her as a friend. I can ALWAYS count on her for anything

Summer Fun