Saturday, May 1, 2010

April Showers Brings Broken Noses

Another month come and gone. I say this every month, but I can't believe the month went so fast. The kids had Spring break the first week of April so we decided to drive down to Vegas. Chris drove down with us but flew home that Tuesday. My mom also went with us. We had a good time visiting my grandparents, aunt and my good friend Dana. She had a new baby on March 25th, he is so dang cute.
We also went to the opening Real game. It was awesome. I love this picture of Karsten and I.


Chris and I have been working on the yard, when it is not snowing or raining, which wasn't very many days in April. We have been trying to finally get the backyard together. We have planted some more trees, bushes and perinnals. It is coming together. Chris also built an outdoor fireplace area, we have roasted marshmellows and had a great time.


While I was in Vegas, Chris finished a beautiful tile backsplash in the kitchen, I love it.

Sarge again escaped from her dog cage in the garage at ate some shoes, chewed on Chris' golf bag and ate some drywall. We decided it was time to get a welded dog run that she could not escape from, or at least we hope. We picked it up last week from Lowe's. Chris asked if I had some clippers or scissors to cut the twine to tie it down, they were in 10 foot panels. I was walking to the other side of the truck to give Chris the clippers and was looking down, saw the end of my truck and turned not remembering that the panels were sticking out about 5 feet over the end of the truck and ran right into it, SMACK right in my nose. At first it didn't start to bleed but then it just started to gush. Karsten had just completed his first aid for Scouts and he knew exactly what to do. He told Parker, "I have this under control." He took the diaper wipes out of the truck, placing a big stack on the back of my neck, having me keep my head down. He stayed very calm. He was awesome, so dang cute.


I have been at home from work since THursday due to the beautiful black eyes. You should see the looks I have been getting whenever I go out. I think people think that my husband has abused me. This is Karsten at his 5th grade program. He was General Lee. It was a History play. They did a really good job.


May is going to be a better month. THe kids get out of school - YEAH!! Karsten will be turning 11 and we are getting very close to our trip to DisneyWorld.

1 comment:

Nike@ChooseToThrive said...

Ouch. I hope your eye is just about healed up ... for Chris's sake ;). Love the picture of you and Karsten.

Summer Fun