Sunday, March 7, 2010

Adventures Here We Come

I am getting so excited for the things yet to come this year. We are going to Las Vegas in April to see my grandparents, aunt and our good friends the Atkinson's. My friend is having her 2nd baby and I can't wait to see little Dylan and give big loves to their other one Ryan. I also can't wait to get away from the day to day activities that just seem to be getting busier and busier.

We met last weekend as a family (my whole family) and discussed the daily plans for our vacation to Disney World. I CAN'T wait and neither can the kids. As you can see from the count down clock today we have 96 more days, why can't it be tomorrow!!! We are going to have so much fun, Disney World, Animal Kingdom, the water park, Kennedy and the beach. The kids are at the perfect age where they will actually remember this vacation, they were very little when we took them to Disneyland. The most exciting part of this whole trip will be watching my children enjoy themselves and make wonderful memories. We are so blessed to be able to take this vacation and extremely grateful to my parents for their willingness to include the entire family in this adventure.

Also, as you can see we have added yet another countdown clock, this one is much further out but we are also very excited for. We decided after this last Christmas that we would do a cruise for next Christmas, since my children need NOTHING and getting more stuff just doesn't seem appealing to me. We found a great deal on a Western Caribbean cruise and will be heading out in January 2011. I know that seems so far away but we all now how each new year creeps up on us. This will help keep us motivated not to spend unnecessary money throughout the year and not to gain the unnecessary weight I always seem to gain in the summer. The boys are very excited. This will be Karsten's 2nd cruise, not sure the 1st really counted as he was only 13 months old. This will be Parker's first. This will be Chris' and I's 4th cruise and we are just estatic that we get to spend it with our children this time around.

We feel very blessed that we have the means to make these incredible memories as a family. I count my blessings everyday, with the first being the fact I have the MOST WONDERFUL children in the world!

2 comments:

Matt and Elisa said...

You guys always have the best vacations! I can't wait until my kids are old enough that it's worth spending the money. I'm so excited for you!!

Mindi said...

You deserve it woman! You work your tail off and you will have so much fun. I would be lying if I didn't say I was insanely jealous, but hey, who needs a cruise when I can go to the park up the street for a vacation. HA! I will be celebrating the count down with you.

Summer Fun