WHOO HOO!!! Karsten and Parker finally can ride a 2-wheeler. Friday night Karsten came in and said he wanted to try and ride Parker's bike, I didn't want to pass up this opportunity because he has been so afraid to ride a bike. We went into the garage and Karsten got on Parker's bike, I asked if he needed my help, he didn't, he started down the drive way and around the sidewalk to the neighbors house. He did great. Parker noticed he was on his bike so he of course demanded his bike back. I told Karsten he needed to get on his own bike, which is about 6 inches bigger. It took Karsten awhile to figure it out, there were some tears and yelling but in the end it was not big deal.
Of course now that they are riding their bikes accidents will occur, and that is exactly what happened on Saturday. They were so excited to show their Uncle Todd they could ride their bikes we took them over to his house so they could ride on the new bike trail in Clearfield/Clinton. I ran some errands and when I came back Parker was all bandaged up and still had tears flowing. His chain had fallen off his bike and he managed to get road rash/scraps pretty bad. It was on the inside of his right knee and the outside of his left, Todd said he had rolled once he feel. It didn't help that Karsten couldn't stop in time and ran over him. So now he is limping around, at least I talked him into leaving it open so it could heal faster.
Can't believe it is going to be July tomorrow. Where on earth has this year gone??? Karsten is performing at the Ed Kenly Theatre on Wednesday night at 7:30pm, it is free if anyone is interested in coming. He is also singing with the choir on the float for the Layton City 4th of July parade, I think that starts at 10am.
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer, it will be snowing again before we know it - so ENJOY!!!
Love - Shannon
Our Finished Basement
12 years ago



1 comment:
Shannon, Chris, Parker and Karsten,
Dave and I love the blogs. Hope Parker heals up real quick. Miss you guys.
Love.
Eve
Post a Comment