
Chris and I just returned Friday afternoon from a nice getaway from the kids and work. We helped my parents at the Pharmacy conference be the hosts for the spouse/guest activities on Thursday and Friday. We stayed at the Grand Summit Hotel at the Canyons in Park City. We shared an incredible suite w/ my parents. It had two large rooms, 3 bathrooms, a large living area and a kitchen. It was a beautiful room.
On Thursday we had the opportunity to take them to Temple Square. There the missionaries took us on a historic tour of the Beehive House, The Conference Center, Temple Square Visitor Center and then we went to the organ recital at the Tabernacle. The tour was really nice. The ladies ask very good questions about the Mormon religion. They all seemed to enjoy the time. We then finished the day with them by having lunch at The Garden, in the Joseph Smith building, overlooking the temple. I had never been up there, Chris and I said we need to go back at Christmas time and have dinner w/ the kids.
For dinner that evening we took the gondola up to the lodge at the Canyons It was a lot of fun. Dinner was wonderful and the entertainment was really good as well.
On Friday we took the spouses/guests to the Olympic Park. We took a tour all the way to the top of the jumps and bobsled run. That was a very interesting tour. Those athletes are amazing. We then finished the day in old Main St. Park City by having lunch at Main Street Pizza & Pasta. Their pizza is to die for.
It was a really good time. Nice and relaxing. My parents did a fantastic job putting on the conference. It took many hours of preparation but the feedback was really good.
I have posted a picture from the Internet of the hotel. This is the second time Chris and I have stayed at The Canyons. I would recommend it to anyone.



1 comment:
The Garden is our favorite restaurant. Try the fried pickles if you haven't already.
Post a Comment