Saturday, December 6, 2008

What a Week.....




Last Sunday we decided we better go and visit Chris' grandma that lives in West Valley. She is going to be 89 years old tomorrow. She is an absolutely amazing woman. She has been through a lot over the years. She has been a widow now for 5 years, she was almost killed by an intruder, she has fallen several times and that is just to name a few things she has been through over the past several years. We took her out to dinner. Parker was so cute with her. She had to use a walker now and he was right there next to her making sure she got where she needed to go. I have added some pics of the boys w/ her, including Chris. His grandma has been very good to him in his life. She helped him a lot when his mother passed away. They also helped financially support him while he was on his mission. It will be a bitter sweet day when she returns to our Heavenly Father and grandpa.

This week has been crazy. Karsten had a choir performance on Monday night. He didn't want to go, said he was sick, WHATEVER! I think he wanted to stay home and watch Monday Night Football. He is addicted to football. He even will play it by himself in the backyard. It cracks me up to watch him out the window, he talks to himself, makes up plays, etc.

We went and bought Parker another birthday present. We were not going to buy him anymore than his bed but the game store had a deal where they gave us $40 off a Nintendo DS for the trade-in of his Game Boy. The Game Boy is not made anymore, therefore no new games are being made. Nice thing is he can play all the Game Boy games on the DS and share Karsten's. Our kids are spoiled rotten that is all I have to say.

Work has been crazy and very emotional this week. I have been working on 2 seperate projects that are consuming most of my time. We had to announce that one of the unit managers from my team will be moving to another to get our span of control in 'control'. That leaves me with 3 unit managers and 72 people. I worked until 11:30pm on Tuesday night. I anticipate many more late nights until this project gets finished, and just in time for our audit. Yesterday, they announced some of the lay-offs and my boss will be moving to cover for 2 of the other directors that got JD'd. I am really sad, it made me very emotional. I felt really stupid, he called me after the announcement and I cried, what a dork I am. I really like the guy I will be reporting to now, he actually worked for me years ago. Next year is going to be even more intense than this year as we are asked to do more with less, less money and less people. I really enjoy my job. It is challenging and I love the people I work with.

Today, I had the opportunity to go to the temple w/ my nephew Casey. He is leaving on his mission to Colombia on Jan 14th. He will be a great missionary. It was a good experience today. Wendy is a wonderful mother who has raised 5 wonderful children.

2 comments:

Joni said...

Shannon...you have the cutest family! I loved your testimonies today.

Amy said...

Yes. You've had a busy week! Ok. I know I am a horrible friend, I will get your Salt City things to you this week.

Summer Fun