Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our "Holiday"

We have returned from a much needed 'holiday'. We had a FANTASTIC time. We can't complain about a thing. The trip was seamless. How can anyone ever complain about being able to see other parts of the world, have the bed made for you everyday and all our meals cooked to perfection!

We got to see some amazing places. Our first stop was San Juan, Puerto Rico. It wasn't my favorite spot but it has some beautiful views. We then ventured over to St. Thomas, this island was as beautiful as everyone said it would be. We snorkeled and kayaked during this excurtion. It was wonderful. It was my first time snorkeling and it kinda freaked me out. Once I got my breathing down I was ok. We saw some great sea life.

Next stop was Antigua. This had beautiful coast lines and blue water. We did a town tour. The people live very simple here, except for the movie stars and singers (Eric Clapton) that live there. We did a catarman sail and snorkel tour. They took us out to the middle of the ocean, so I was too chicken to get in the water. Chris got in and saw a turtle and lots of colorful fish.

We then went on to Tortola. This was my favorite. We actually took a 35 minute boat ride to another island called Virgin Gorda. This was absolutely breath taking. We hiked down to a beach and then through some very narrow rocks to get to the 'baths'. The water was better than anything I had ever seen.

Bahamas was our last stop. The weather was not cooperating so we had to cancel our sting ray tour. We went on a city tour which wasn't much of anything. We decided to take a ferry over to the hotel Atlantis, this was an amazing hotel.

We met some AWESOME people on our trip. Our dinner mates were great. One couple was from Virginia Beach and the other from Alberta, Canada. We had a great time, laughed alot, played cards and enjoyed each others company.

The couple from Canada had a car after they got off the boat so they asked if we wanted to hang out with them back in Ft. Lauderdale. We had a great time with them. We had many things in common. We are seriously thinking about taking the boys up to Canada this summer and hopefully meeting up with them again.

I feel so blessed that Chris and I had this great opportunity to be together and take this vacation.

6 comments:

Joni said...

OMG...those are beautiful pics. As I was llokung at them, I add to remind myself that you took them and they weren't out of some travel magazine. Now I really want to go on a cruise!

Amy Mann said...

Wow, looks like lots of fun. I am so glad you had such a great time. Great memories for sure! I am still waiting for that sun I was hoping you would bring back with you :)

Amy said...

Awesome! Your pictures are amazing. Glad you had a wonderful time. If you do get to Canada, it is a wonderful place to go. (in-laws live there!) Glad your home to make your bed, eat mediocre (no that you cook mediocre) meals and love your kids!!! :0)

Matt and Elisa said...

I'm even more jealous now that I've seen the pictures! I really am glad you guys had such an amazing time. You work SO hard you really deserved the holiday. Welcome back to reality!

Mindi said...

Wow! I am so jealous. It looks like it was worth every penny. I can't believe you chickened out for the ocean snorkeling....guess you just have to go again to get that experience. :) Glad to have you back home, even if it is back to work and shoveling snow!

Rachel said...

Your pictures are absolutly beautiful. Sounds like you had a great time. Glad your back.

Summer Fun