Yesterday was the 4th of July. I can't believe that we are already into July, where has this summer gone? Karsten got to participate in the Layton City parade on the float with his choir, he was so cute. I haven't had a chance to post since he had his performance on the 3rd. The choir did such a great job. The kids were so cute and really seemed to be enjoying themselves. They sang a song about flags from many lands, so a the week they had practice Karsten took it upon himself to color about 15 different flags from different countries on 8.5x11 paper, they turned out really good. The choir teacher was so impressed that they used them during their performance. His choir teacher said he is quite the performer. I am so glad that he enjoys doing stuff like this. I would like to get him into singing lessons. I wish I could sing, maybe I should take lessons with him. We forgot our camera the night of the performance but Chris' parents had theirs so Chris took some pictures with that, I will post as soon as I can get them.
The weather turned out to be not so bad yesterday. Chris had to work so I took the kids to the parade and over to Layton park to get lunch and see the different booths. We then had a BBQ with my parents, Todd and my sister-n-law Chantal, and of course cute baby Kian.
I am finally starting to feel better. I have really not felt good for about a week. Not sure if I came down with a virus or I was just having a flare-up of whatever I have had wrong with me since I was a kid. It gets really old. I really struggled at work this week since I didn't feel good. Luckily, I have a great boss who understands. I was able to work from home on the 3rd, which I think helped speed up my recovery.
Parker's wounds are healing nicely, considering he has opened one of them back up at least twice. I took him to the doctor on the 3rd because he has been complaining of pains in his chest since May. The doctor thinks it is just heartburn and put him on some liquid Zantac once a day. He had his first dose yesterday and hated every second of it. We will see how cooperative he is today.
Well today is cleaning day and I better get started. Since I didn't feel well last weekend the bathrooms got neglected and that is something that Chris REFUSES to clean. I think I have seen him clean the toilet 1 time in 13.5 years of marriage.
Hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday!
Our Finished Basement
12 years ago



1 comment:
"taking kids to the parade" alone will be my wife's unfortunate plight until I can get away from retail too.
Post a Comment