Ok, so I wasn't going to blog about this but I am seriously getting sick of the media. In a recent news article my companies CEO - Vikram Pandit said it correctly -we have most of these issues w/ the economy and our stocks to blame on the "rumormongering" media.
People have been frequently asking, did you hear about Citi this or that. Well, honestly I try to not listen to what is out there. I have trust in the leaders of our companies, especially my boss, that they will keep us as informed as they possibly can. The rumors seem to change daily, how could anyone in their right mind keep up with that.
Many of you have probably seen the recent stock prices for Citi, a company I have now worked for, for 14.5 years. I had sold some stock last year at $55, well today we hit a whopping $3.77. One of my friends I work with commented that she just recently bought a brick of cheese for more than 1 share of Citi stock. I just had to laugh.
Some of my family is very concerned that I may loose my job. Well, it is not like that has not crossed my mind as well as the minds of all my co-workers. But, this is the way I look at it.....what can I do about it????
I have comfort knowing that I pay my tithing as well as follow the prophet in regards to food storage, now I can't say I have a whole year but I am getting close. I think we all wish we had more in savings than we do, but at least there is a little bit just in case, as well as wishing we had no debt. We have told the boys it will be a small Christmas this year, as we are trying to hang on to the cash we do have, since our insurance premiums are going up.
My attitude has been to just to the best I possibly can each and everyday at work and nothing less. We just all need to keep our heads high and do what is right for the business and our customers during this time. Many of our customers are probably very concerned as well.
Our Finished Basement
12 years ago



2 comments:
Shannon, I just wanted to thank you. Thank you for being a great example. One day I feel like things will be fine and our economy and especially the company we work for will make it through. The next day I see our stock plummet to as low as $3.05 and I wonder. What would my family do if I lost my job? We will survive. I too pay my tithing, I listen to the prophet and have little debt. It would be hard, but we would make it, and I am blessed for that. Thanks for reminding me!
You go girl! I don't think it can be stated any plainer than what you wrote.
Post a Comment